2007年9月3日 星期一

#3 Myth toward Brand

in this vacation, i had a shopping trip with my landlord, christine, and a roommate from german, ann. christine drove us to carlsbad outlet. its location is near/on the road to san diego. it took us almost an hour to get there.
this is not my first time to "visit" outlet, but it still facinate me to get there, because i had two missions in this trip, to buy some clothes for my baby and the winter clothes for me. during the window shopping, i found an interesting thing to me. in coach store, there are many people in there. even outside of it, lots of people waited in line trying to get in. also, i found that most of people in coach were asian. it was really interesting. why do those people like coach so much? is coach's bag or wallet really better than usual bags we can buy? i mean in functional is coach more lasting and stronger for use or just beacause of its brand name? why most customers were acian?
according to my landlord, cristine, who is really a superfan of coach and she is also an asian. she bought at least 5 items at coach in this trip. as i know she has had more coach bags and wallets already. she always said it is really cheaper compared to the price in my home country. yes, it is, i believe. but it is just a bag to me. it is a place to put something down in there. i know we see the items from differnt aspects. it base on what your value is.
it was an intersting shopping trip, but i found that the outlet is too huge to discover each store just in one day. but that's fine with me beause i have completed my tasks already.

(1hr to write down this article)

1 則留言:

leinster 提到...

Now Cindy, I found this journal to be very interesting, partly because I, too, detest name brands. I own a few good items, but it isn't because of their name, rather because of its quality. I hate associating myself with a particular brand, that is why you will hardly ever see me using/wearing anything that shows any name. Many people buy into names brands because they want to feel important by associating themselves with people who seem to be important just because they are in magazines or the media. It certainly is nonsensical, but there you go.